Search RHCG Website
Select your language

Health Rights

exp date isn't null, but text field is

The NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde website has a page with frequently asked questions about your health rights, including:

  • Can you tell me about the Patients Rights Act?
  • Can I get a second opinion?
  • How can I access my medical records?
  • How the NHS handles your personal health information
  • Can I change my doctor (GP)?
  • Can I refuse medical treatment?
  • Can I get an interpreter for my appointment?
  • Can I get information in other languages?
  • How can I contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman?
  • I've lost my NHS details/doctor/dentist details, how can I find where I am registered?

If your question is not answered on this page please go to the NHS Inform - Rights website.

You can also view the Scottish Government Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities (revised)

Citizens Advice Bureau Scotland can also help you.

Editorial Information

Last reviewed: 04 September 2023

Next review: 30 September 2028