Search RHCG Website
Select your language

Social Work

exp date isn't null, but text field is

Glasgow City Council provides the Social Work service to families in the hospital, wherever they live. The service aims to make things easier and less stressful for you in many ways. For example, Social Work staff can:

  • talk about the help you need, such as nursery care, housing, benefits, finance and aids to daily living
  • help to sort out the support you will need at home when your child leaves hospital
  • arrange ongoing support from your local Social Work office, and they can also help if you look after an older or disabled person
  • deal with any concerns about a child or young person’s welfare

For more information:

Telephone: 0141 451 6394 (Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm and Friday 8.45am to 3.45pm)
Out of hours please telephone: 0300 343 1501

Editorial Information

Last reviewed: 12 January 2021

Next review: 18 March 2024